What is ads.txt?
Ads.txt is an IAB tech lab project, aimed to increase transparency in the programmatic advertising eco-system. It stands for "Authorized Digital Sellers."
Which kind of publishers ads.txt is aimed for?
Currently, the ads.txt is relevant for mobile web publishers only.
How to implement ads.txt with Appnext platform?
Since Appnext is not using any exchange or bidder for mobile web traffic, the implementation of ads.txt is relevant for advertisers who wishes to create a direct-buy campaign to an Appnext mobile web publisher.
If the Appnext publisher implemented the ads.txt, it should contain appnext domain with the publisher app id.
- Using Appnext self-serve extract you mobile web application iOS app ID and Android app ID
- Add the following line to your ads.txt file
[FIELD #1],[FIELD #2], [FIELD #3], [FIELD #4]
- FIELD #1 - domain name, fixed value: appnext.com
- FIELD #2 - Appnext app id
- FIELD #3 - Publisher should use "DIRECT" value when working directly with Appnext (most cases)
- FIELD #4 - Optional, certification id, leave blank
appnext.com, 123456, DIRECT #android id
appnext.com, 654321, DIRECT #ios id
- Make sure to check if the publisher implemented the ads.txt in it root domain
- Verify that you direct-buy only the app ids that are listed in the publisher's ads.txt
- Keep in mind that not all publishers are using ads.txt. Direct-buy campaign will word regardless