What is the Automatic Rule? We created this in order to automatically exclude publisher apps according to the KPI's you set for the post-install events in your app
Why use the Automatic Rule? This will help you optimize your campaigns in a more timely and convenient manner
We have 'requirements' you can add when setting up a rule. Requirements are the conditions you can set to exclude publishers.
For example: "Exclude publisher's app if Total Events events are lower than 20% of publisher installs"
How the Automatic Rule Works: You can set a minimum threshold of installs (30) you allow a publisher to deliver before deciding if you want to keep them or exclude them. The rule then will work once the first event from the set of installs is recorded
*Keep in my mind that to have a rule, you must have in-app events added to the tracking that is reported back to Appnext. These rules are applicable to CPI campaigns with post-install events only
- Click on 'Manage Campaigns"
- Click on the "Manage Automatic Rules" button
- Enter Rule Name (ex: Total Events, Registrations, Tutorial Views, Purchase Completed)
- Select an Action: Exclude Publishers App
- Define and Add the Rule
Best Practice Tips:
- To set a rule, you need at least one event recorded. Events must to be reported back to Appnext
- For the rule to run, you will need a minimum of 30 installs
- Leave room for latent conversions to come through - adjust attribution window. You can choose different time frames as a look-back window depending to the event
- Check logs regularly to see which publishers have been paused
- You can define more than ‘one ‘requirement’
- When running more than one requirement, the publisher will have to meet all of them or that publisher will be excluded
- To create an ‘OR’ option, go ahead create a separate rule (See below):
*If you have additional questions that were not answered here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org