Proper tracking implementation is mandatory for any CPI campaign. At Appnext, you can go with the Appnext tracking SDK, or the tracking solutions of our partners, which include Tune, Mobile App Tracking, AppsFlyer, Kochava, Adjust, and others.
- Tracking implementation starts in the 2nd stage of the campaign set-up process, where you can choose between Appnext tracking SDK, and a 3rd party solution. If you haven’t yet done so, you can easily edit your tracking preference, by clicking the “Edit Campaign” button on the campaign management layer.
- Paste the tracking link provided by your tracking company.
- Change Click_id and Publisher_id to the following Appnext Macros:
- xapnt1x enables proper install tracking
- xapnt17x serves as the Appnext publisher identifier.
- xapnt6x serves as the GAID or IDFA identifier
- Click the green "Check" button in order to save the changes.
Testing The Tracking
The tracking solution is now implemented, but not yet verified.
- Access the "Manage Campaigns" tab, and click "Set Tracking", under the campaign Actions bar.
- The easiest way to test the proper tracking implementation is to send a test link to your mobile device, via e-mail or SMS.
- In order to ensure the app install is tracked correctly, please follow a simple testing check list:
- Perform a test installation, from the same operating system and GEO as you target for the specific campaign.
- Make sure the app has not been installed on the device before.
- Launch the app upon installation to finish the test.
- Click the “Check” button. If the install was tracked, the status will be changed to “Active”. If it hasn't happened, please wait a bit longer, and then repeat the action. If the status still appears as “Not Active” please contact The Appnext Support Team.
The campaign is successfully tested once the tracking status is changed to "Active".
Activating The Campaign
In order to activate an app promotion campaign, you may also need to add funds to your Appnext account if you haven't done so already.
You can send your campaign live, in three short steps:
- Access the "Manage Campaigns" tab.
- Choose the campaign you would want to activate, from the campaign list.
- Change the campaign status from "Paused" to "Active".
Your advertising campaign is now live. Please contact the support team, or your account manager, should you have any questions or need help with the campaign optimization.