Targeting Options on Appnext
At Appnext, there are two options of campaign type:
- Acquire new users: User acquisition campaign that will bring new and fresh users for your application
- Re-engage existing new users: This campaign will re-engage dormant users of your application. If a list of device IDs is not provided, the offer will be served to qualified users only on our SDK community.
Traffic and Channels Options:
At the section campaign type, you will choose in which inventory you would like to run. Your options are SDK, NETWORK, or direct buy on a specific publisher or group of publisher categories.
When for example you select the Xiaomi group, that will include all Xiaomi placements. When you select OEM, you are choosing all OEMs category including Samsung, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc.
If you want to select a specific placement (Direct Buy) you need to type its number or name.
As you can include placements you are also able to exclude them from a previously selected group by clicking “x”.
You can select multiple groups or publishers under direct buy targeting (Samsung + Oppo +ShareIT for example).
As a best practice, we recommend to start with a broader targeting, either the SDK / OEM channel and find your optimal bid.
After a few days, optimize the campaign by opening a direct buy for the best performing placements. Kindly note that you will need a higher bid for these dedicated offers.
As a final step, in order to test all range of media options, open your campaign to a Network campaign. This would allow you to be exposed to all of our inventory, including new inventory sources that we keep adding regularly. At this point, you can change your bid as you like, since you're bidding on a wide range of inventory.
In Appnext, you have the option to target or exclude a certain audience from your campaign. You can do it in two ways.
- By uploading a list of device ids (GAID/IDFA) of previous users which you’d like to re-target or a blacklist. When selecting re-engagement, you can have this type of activity without pre-defined lists as well. By selecting NO, the campaign will be served to qualified users only in our SDK community.
*Recommended for seasonal campaigns to boost revenue and to reactivate dormant users.
- The second way to work with customized audiences is an option to target users based on the events they have performed in the past. This targeting feature can provide a more tailored audience to your campaigns. By reaching the right users, your chances of achieving the expected results increase significantly.
For example, you can include in your campaign users who performed only registration in the last 3 days Or to exclude users that already purchased in the last 7 days.
By using location targeting, you can target your campaign to all countries, or pick a specific country. You can do so by starting to type the country you wish to target and pick it from the drop-down list
You can also target cities to include or exclude from your campaign
* Please note that users' behavior may change according to their country, so it is recommended to create a dedicated campaign for each country (in the case you target several).
By using OS Versions targeting, you can target your campaign to all supported versions by using the 'Minimum version to target' option, or target specific versions determine by your app requirements.
To target all supported versions, pick your wanted minimum version from the drop-down menu, or leave it as is
To target specific versions, manually select your desired versions:
* Please note that limiting OS versions will narrow down your targeting.
By using Devices targeting, you can target your campaign to all supported devices, or select wanted devices