Appnext platform support various ways to target the users you want to reach.
You can target Countries, Cities, OS versions, Devices, Specific publishers and Apps.
* Please keep in mind that by narrowing down your targeted users you lower your traffic potential.
Publishers and Apps:
While a 'Network' campaign is a must for every campaign to explore our publishers, you can optimize your performance by:
- Target a 'SDK only' inventory, and run a network campaign only on our SDK inventory.
- Target 'Video only' inventory, and run a network campaign on our Video inventory.
- Or, target specific publishers and apps of your choice by creating a dedicated 'Direct Buy' campaign. You can do so by selecting the publishers or apps you want to target.
As Best Practice - we recommend to create and optimize your campaigns as follow:
- SDK only campaign is the first step. Find your optimal bid here, and run on our SDK Inventory only.
- Another great opportunity is our SDK Video inventory. Due to it's pre-qualifying effect allowing users to fully understand what the promoted app is, the conversion rates and average engagement metrics are very high. There is high competition on this inventory thus the required bid is high.
- After a day or two - optimize your performance by creating Direct Buy campaigns for apps/publishers that perform well. Keep in mind that you will need to bid higher when doing so, since you're bidding on specific app/publisher.
- Final step - open your campaign to a Network campaign. This would allow you to be exposed to all of our inventory, including new inventory sources that we keep adding regularly. At this point, you can change your bid as you like, since you're bidding on a wide range of inventory. The conservative approach would be to run this type of campaign on the lowest bid possible and split out direct buys to dedicated budgets and be more competitive on the bid with placements that work well.
By using location targeting, you can target your campaign to all countries, or pick a specific country. You can do so by starting to type the country you wish to target and pick it from the drop-down list
You can also target cities to include or exclude from your campaign
* Please note that users' behavior may change according to their country, so it is recommended to create a dedicated campaign for each country (in the case you target several).
By using OS Versions targeting, you can target your campaign to all supported versions by using the 'Minimum version to target' option, or target specific versions determine by your app requirements.
To target all supported versions, pick your wanted minimum version from the drop-down menu, or leave it as is
To target specific versions, manually select your desired versions:
* Please note that limiting OS versions will narrow down your targeting.
By using Devices targeting, you can target your campaign to all supported devices, or select wanted devices
Places & Moments:
The Appnext Timeline technology allows you, as an advertiser, to target with context. Leveraging location, real-time and historical behavioral patterns, Appnext’s technology enables you to reach your target users when they are most likely to use your app, delivering it when it’s essential to users’ actual needs, at the right place, in the perfect moment.
Using Places, you can reach your users when they are at home, at work or travelling abroad. You can choose any of the above options, or opt-in for all of them.
Using Moments, Appnext allows you to tap into users’ daily timelines, reaching them when it matters most, across different moments throughout their day.
* Keep in mind that your bid might change, and become higher when narrowing down your targeting.