A postback (also known as a callback) is a URL request from one server to the other notifying of an event.
The purpose of setting up postbacks is to enable you to track each install by providing a unique identifier for each click.
At Appnext, an app-install postback is a postback sent from Appnext’s server to the publisher’s notifying of a conversion event registered from their mobile assets.
As an Appnext publisher, you can set up your postback URL simply by using the "App Install Postback" tab on your app’s advanced settings; see Appnext article for platform configuration of postbacks;
Notes for postback settings
1. All app-install postbacks are sent from Appnext server using the same IP address 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 make sure you white-list this address on your end
2. Appnext supports only one dynamic/custom parameter, postback parameter; if using more than one dynamic parameter, please send all dynamic data as an encoded string under the postback parameter.
3. Setting up a dynamic parameter is mandatory in case you are interested in receiving app-install postbacks.
4. In addition to the custom parameter, you may choose to receive up to four static parameters;
- Revenue - the CPI revenue generated for each install
- App package
- Device ID - GAID/IDFA
- User IP - the user device IP address, at the time of clicking the ad
- Placement ID
5. Postback parameter configuration for the different integration options
- API - add the postback data under &q on the urlApp link
- Interstitial/Full-screen SDK- add the postback data under one of these options according to your setup; config.setPostback, config.postback, <adType>_ad.setPostback
- Native-Ads SDK - add the postback data under setPostback for Android parameters request or request.postback for iOS ads request
- Mobile web (not encoded)- add the postback data under pbk:''
Dynamic parameters encoding example:
Several dynamic/custom parameters will be sent encoded according to this logic:
In order to get the postback--> <yourBaseUrl>?param1=value1¶m2=value2
Send the postback values as--> postbackParam=value1%26param2%3Dvalue2
(make sure param1 is not sent as a part of the string, but set as the mandatory parameter on Advanced Settings tab).