A postback (also known as a callback) is a URL request from one server to the other notifying of an event.
The purpose of setting up postbacks is to enable you to track each install by providing a unique identifier for each click.
At Appnext, an app-install postback is a postback sent from Appnext’s server to the publisher’s one notifying of a conversion event registered from their mobile assets.
As an Appnext publisher, you can set up your postback URL simply by using App Install Postback tab on your app’s advanced settings; see Appnext article for platform configuration of postbacks
Notes for postback settings
1. All app-install postbacks are sent from Appnext server using the same IP address 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 make sure you white-list this address on your end
2. Appnext supports only one dynamic/custom parameter, postback parameter; if using more than one dynamic parameter, please send all dynamic data as an encoded string under the postback parameter (for Mobile-Web only- do not encode)
3. In addition to the custom parameter, you may choose to receive up to four static parameters
- Revenue- the CPI revenue generated for each install
- App package
- Device ID- GAID/IDFA
- User IP- the user device IP address, at the time of clicking the ad
- Placement ID
4. Postback parameter configuration for the different integration options
- API- add the postback data under &q on the urlApp link
- Interstitial/Full-screen SDK- add the postback data under one of these options according to your setup; config.setPostback, config.postback, <adType>_ad.setPostback
- Native-Ads SDK- add the postback data under setPostback for Android parameters request or request.postback for iOS ads request
- Mobile web (not encoded)- add the postback data under pbk:'',
Sending several dynamic parameters- example
Several dynamic/custom parameters, will be sent according to this logic:
In order to get the postback--> <yourBaseUrl>?param1=value1¶m2=value2
Please send the postback values as--> postbackParamerter=value1%26param2%3Dvalue2
and for Mobile-Web--> pbk:'value1¶m2=value2',
(make sure param1 is not sent as a part of the string, but set as the mandatory parameter on Advanced Settings tab).