Before Singular can track installs and events for Appnext, you need to set up that network as a partner in the Attribution > Partner Configuration page. This is where you set up real-time postbacks (also known as callbacks) to let Appnext know about installs and other events.
To turn on Singular integration with Appnext, follow these steps:
1. In the Singular platform, go to Attribution > Partner Configuration. Find Appnext in the list on the left sidebar (you can type the partner name in the filter box to help you find it faster) and click to select.
2. Edit or Add an App Site Configuration
To edit an existing configuration:
Hover over the app site you want to edit, and click the edit button on the right.
To add a new configuration:
- Click Add App Site.
- In the Configuration window that opens, select the App for which you want to configure partner settings/postbacks, and then select the App Site (platform version). You configure partners separately per app site.
3. Set Up Conversion Postbacks
The App-Specific Configuration section lets you choose which conversion postbacks (callbacks) you want to send to Appnext about this app. Note that Singular always sends postbacks about installs.
- Enable Re-engagement Postbacks: Check this box to allow Singular to send postbacks about re-engagements (in addition to installs).
- Include View-Through Attributions: Check this box to allow Singular to send postbacks about conversions stemming from view-through ads (impressions). If you don't check the box, Singular will only send postbacks for click-through attributions.
- Click through attribution lookback window: You can change the CTA or leave it at the default (7 days).
4. Set Up Event Postbacks
If you are sending postbacks about conversions to Appnext, you can choose whether to also send us postbacks about in-app events.
In-app events can include any events that you have defined and implemented in Singular SDK as well as the predefined events offered by Singular: sessions and revenue events.
Under Send in-app events to Appnext you have the following options:
Off: Don't send any postbacks to Appnext about in-app events.
All: Send Appnext postbacks about all events that users trigger in your app, whether the events are attributed to this Appnext or not.
Only if install was attributed to Appnext: Send event postbacks when the respective install was attributed to Appnext.
If you choose to send event postbacks to Appnext, you have to specify which events to send postbacks for. Add each event to the list as follows:
In-app (SDK) event name - The name of the event as it is sent from your app through the Singular SDK integration.
Event Name - The event name or ID as recognized by the partner (the partner would usually have a list of events that it can recognize).
Lookback - Set a lookback window to limit the event postbacks to a specified time frame, e.g. 5 days after the install. If the event occurs after the specified number of days has passed, no postback will be sent.
Lookback window options:
• Touchpoint: Time frame starts from the ad click/view to which the install was attributed.
• Install: Time frame starts from the install.
• None: No time limit on event postbacks.
Days - The length of the lookback window in days.
Include Revenue Value - For in-app purchases and other revenue events, check this box to include the revenue amount in the postback.
If you have further question, feel free to reach out to email@example.com